Monday, May 30, 2005

Sick and tired

''When coffee dreams, it dreams of chocolate.'' I found this divine slogan printed on the boxes of divine Starbucks chocolate-covered espresso beans my cousin Abeth gave us a month or so ago. We haven't finished the beans because I'm the only one in the house who loves them, and since I've been diagnosed with MVP, the beans are now delectable little caffeine-packed death bombs to me. When the twin temptations of the coffee and chocolate become too much to resist, I sneak in a bean or two when no one's looking. As long as I don't feel the palpitations act up again, I figure it's safe to indulge in this guilty pleasure.

I spent most of the weekend asleep because I was downed by an awful cold (I get really nasal and phlegmy when I have a cold... not pretty). The upside was it got me out of what I suspect was an ambush set-up masterminded by my dear old dad. He kept on insisting (without supplying a sound reason) that I attend a party with him and Ma, a party a family friend of ours was attending as well... a family friend who has been wanting to introduce me to his cousin for some time now. His 33 year-old cousin. Why do people keep on setting me up with guys in their 30's?! Are there no more single twentysomething (straight) men out there?!

Oh, and did I mention aside from my nasty cold I have a raging case of PMS?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get well. Sleep a lot and drink a lot of water too! :D Hehehehe :D Set-up set-up! Hahahahaha :D They really want you to get married already! Hehehehe :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home