Thursday, June 09, 2005

Giving ICA and ICAns a good name

For two years, I had the privilege of teaching some of the finest students ICA has produced. I appreciated having really smart students in my class, and some exceptionally talented writers, but the ones that make me most proud are the kids who know how to show their gratitude. One of my Zephyr students, Jennifer Yu, fits all three descriptions. She had an article printed in the Inquirer's Youngblood section last Tuesday talking about ICA and what the school has done for her. I was so happy to see her work published, and even happier to read what she had written.

Everyone talks about how teachers get crappy wages. Well, this is how we teachers are really paid in full.

Here's the link: http://news.inq7.net/opinion/index.php?index=1&story_id=39451

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owww...i presume the line came from ya! Hahahaha :D That's soo nice. :D Owww...

 
At Thursday, June 09, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

The speaker may have been me, but that was just me interpreting Homer. :) We English teachers owe a lot of our wisdom to the great bards of the past.

 
At Friday, June 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, not just the past bards but, the current noisemakers too. I remember you quoting a line from Semisonic's song, Closing Time. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." :) I think you wrote it on our board in reply to our inspirational thingy... :D Haha :D

 
At Friday, June 10, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

It's amazing what students remember. :) I think that was nearing graduation time, yes? That's one of my favorite song quotes. But my best sources for song quotes are U2, Sting and John Mayer, true bards (musical and poetic) of our time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home