Friday, August 19, 2005

Fully booked

It’s official. My Palm Tungsten T5 has gone off to PDA heaven (or hell, if we’re to base its fate on its owner). After a 4-day coma, it was pronounced dead and is now on its way to the Palm headquarters in Singapore for an autopsy. Though I mourn its demise, I’m excited to get the brand new replacement unit next week. I don’t like being overly dependent on technology, but I’ve gotten used to having a PDA handy to remind forgetful little me of my daily to-dos and to help organize my increasingly packed schedule.

Speaking of which, lately my social calendar has been pretty full, which of course is a good thing, because it means I’m staying connected and getting reconnected with old friends, and it prevents me from turning into a TV/Internet zombie.

The downside to having a loaded appointment book is that inevitable, conflicts in schedule crop up, and they’re hard to sort out. Last week, trying to set a date for dinner with some college buddies cost me dozens of text messages as I tried to find a common free weekend for 6 different working people. Then it was designating a day for an overdue reunion with my high school barkada, which thankfully Michelle took care of organizing— no small feat considering there are 10 of us in the barkada. After that I arranged a movie-and-coffee girl’s night out with Angge, one of my dearest high school and college friends, and Joy, my favorite cousin and oldest friend (old as in we’ve been friends since our playpen days). We tossed several dates back and forth until we settled on next Tuesday night… then Joy, who has a teeming schedule herself, asked to move it back to a weekend, but by then I had already made plans for those days, so it was back to Tuesday. Whew, it’s tough to be so in demand. :p


I’ve even started filling in my calendar for September, and to my devastation, I realized that the second-round Ateneo-La Salle game is going to be on a Thursday (has anyone noticed that the game schedules are all out of whack this year?). I contemplated asking my bosses (i.e. my parents) if I could leave work early to catch the game, but then I remembered that the ICA intrams championship will also be on a weekday afternoon, as well as Fara’s wedding. Torn, I decided to save my leaving-work-early pleas for the two more important events: the wedding, because it’s not everyday one of my friends gets married, and the intrams, because a promise is a promise and I just know the Fyrinx are going to win. ;) Anyway, I can always watch the Ateneo-La Salle game on TV, and if we get clobbered again it won’t hurt as much… and I won’t have to resist the urge to throw solid objects at Badjie del Rosario.

5 Comments:

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ateneo la salle game is on a thu?? really? i had plans on watching live pa naman grr haha

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy busy you! Oh, do tell about the games though..and Ms. Uy's wedding! Hehehehe :D Picture picture picture! :)

 
At Saturday, August 20, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

It seems technology is dying out on people these days. My friend just said her final goodbye to her calculator as it flickered its last and my other friend did the same when she lost her mechanical pencil. I guess this just goes to show that no matter how advanced our world may be, there's still Someone greater who decides what will and what will not. ;) The same goes for inanimate objects.

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Maybe her calculator just needs fresh batteries. :)

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

The LCD's broken. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home