Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Six degrees of Matt Damon


I am looking forward to The Brothers Grimm for two very good reasons: Heath Ledger (who captured my heart in 10 Things I Hate About You, the only teenybopper flick I have respect for) and Matt Damon (back during the Matt-and-Ben days, I started out thinking Ben was cuter, until Good Will Hunting— then I was a Matt woman all the way).

When any of my favorite hotties star together in the same movie, I’m not really concerned about the screenplay, the directing or even the rest of the cast; I’d rather focus my energy on absorbing the collective gorgeousness of the leading men. So when I saw a TV feature on The Brothers Grimm and learned that both Matt and Heath were in it, anticipation was bouncing around in me like a happy bunny. I also realized that this movie neatly completes a circle of studs who have been in movies together, beginning and ending with Matt Damon:

Matt in The Brothers Grimm with Heath Ledger --> Heath in Ned Kelly with Orlando Bloom --> Orly in Kingdom of Heaven with Edward Norton --> Ed in Fight Club with Brad Pitt --> Brad in Ocean’s Eleven and Twelve with George Clooney --> and George was in that same movie plus Confessions of a Dangerous Mind with Matt.

Another possible chain (yes, I’ve got wayyy too much free time on my hands): Matt and Heath in The Brothers Grimm --> Heath in Ned Kelly with Orly --> Orly in Troy with Brad --> Brad in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas with Joseph Fiennes --> Joe in Enemy at the Gates with Jude Law --> Jude in Closer with Clive Owen --> and Clive was in The Bourne Identity with Matt.

I’d also like to point out that some names in the chains have also starred with Matt Damon: Ed Norton in Rounders, Brad Pitt in Ocean’s Eleven and Twelve, and Jude Law in The Talented Mr. Ripley.

This is fun.

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 17, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

In Hollywood, almost everyone's linked to each other anyway. :) Besides, sometimes others stick together because they make money that way.

 
At Wednesday, August 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you -are- bored. matt is simply gorgeous, but i think jude law's hotter. oh and christian bale too...plus harry potter lol ;p

 
At Wednesday, August 17, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I was trying to squeeze Christian Bale and Ewan McGregor in there, but I couldn't find a connection. :( Can't believe best buds Ewan and Jude have never starred in a movie together. I'd pay good money to ogle that tandem. ;)

 
At Wednesday, August 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Boy craziness coming out there. Whahahaha :D It's insane!!! Whahahaha :D I am looking forward to that movie too though.

I'll watch "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" later...pirated DVD. Hehehehe :D Finally..after the loong wait. I'll also be watching "Sin City" too. My bro said it's gory. Tsk tsk.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I want to see Sin City on DVD too! Stupid MTRCB chopped out a lot of scenes when they showed the movie here, hmph.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewan has this growth on his forehead that I always mistake for a pimple at the beginning of every film I catch him in. Is it a mole? (Please don't lash out against me. I would like to know more about his "mole" though)

 
At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You crack me up, Michelle. XD I think it's a mole, but I can't be sure. I hardly notice it since I'm always riveted by the rest of his face, especially his baby blues. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home