Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Of House and home

Paraphrased transcripts of 2 conversations I had last night:

Conversation # 1: text exchange with Fara while we were both watching House
F: Magaling ba talaga si House or yung team niya yung magaling? And is he really that weird??
A: I think he's brilliant by himself, but he's just a lazy ass, and he wants to push his team-- who are all potentially brilliant by themselves-- to develop their potential brilliance. That he's an erratic SOB just comes as a bonus.
F: You're right. It's like he lets them do all the thinking, then he just pieces 2 and 2 together in the end.
A: He leaves the dirty work to them then steps in at the last second to save the day with some burst of genius. (changes topic) Chase is such a cutie. I love it when he says all those medical terms in that accent of his. Sana ganun kagwapo doctor ko.
F: Kung ganun kagwapo doctor ko, araw-araw akong magkakasakit! Haha. Wag lang biglang papasok si House, he might start insulting me!
A: Take his cane and beat him over the head with it. Haha.

Conversation # 2: casual pre-bedtime chatter between Hanks and I
H: Do you like living here?
A: Here in this house, here in Greenhills or here in the Philippines?
H: Here in the Philippines. Don't you ever think about getting away from here?
A: Used to. Not anymore.
H: How come? So you do like it here?
A: I don't like it here, I like being here. There's a difference. (reflective pause) I guess it's because "here" holds everything valuable to me, everything I don't want to leave behind, everything I can't live without. It's... home.
H: (ends conversation with own reflective pause)

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family loves house...specially my younger brother and dad. They're so into it!

Ohh..that's good. The "home" thing made me think. The state of being and such.

Just dropping another comment since i don't have enough time to do my homework. I'll be leaving in a bit to go to night school. PHysics! I miss ICA physics...it's easier there and Ms. Tan is more merciful!

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see people share the fandom. My brother half-believes he's like House. So every time he makes a correct guess during the TV show, he goes ahead and pokes me, "See! House! House!", gesturing to himself. I could only roll my eyes.

I agree that House generally let's his staff do the dirty work. Then again, that's why they're there. But yes, he can be one lazy SOB, especially towards clinic hours. And Chase is slowly becoming more and more attractive. If only he didn't wear such terrible shirts. I'm sure it's because he didn't have a father figure during his formative years to give him an acceptable sense of manly fashion. He's lucky he has that pretty face and that hot accent to back it up. :P

 
At Thursday, November 10, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, and here I thought I was the only one who noticed that godawful monstrosity of a shirt he was wearing the other night. Yeah, let's just blame it on the lack of fatherly fashion guidance, you HAVE to pardon someone as pretty as that. :p In general though, it's a badly dressed bunch (Wilson has some really horrid ties), although Foreman sometimes has a snazzy shirt underneath the generic white coat. Leave it to the black dude to show some semblance of style. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home