Friday, March 31, 2006

Lawyer, lawyer

After an interminable wait for my Law-graduate friends, the results of the Bar exams were released last night. I'm happy and proud to report that all my LM friends passed and are now full-fledged lawyers! Now I have many sources for free legal counsel, hehe. Congratulations to Atty. Ria Caganda, Atty. Mike Acaban, Atty. Geof Masancay, Atty. Nicole Tablizo, and Atty. Cheeky Cristobal. Kudos also to Atty. PJ Bernardo (not an LM major, but Philo's finest ;p), who was #8 in the Bar. #1 was Joanne de Venecia, also an LM batchmate, and though we are just... um, acquaintances (and I readily admit I was rooting for someone else to top the Bar), I am at least gratified that she, along with my other fantastic friends, has proven LM naysayers wrong. LM, not a good pre-law course? Well ha ha! What say you now, Rudy Ang? xp

As someone who stopped entertaining notions of taking Law as early as 3rd year college, I cannot imagine the amount of hard work my friends put in for the past 5 years to get to this goal. I barely saw some of them in those 5 years, they were always so busy studying, or too tired from studying, to go out. I'm really glad their efforts and sacrifices have paid off. Here's wishing them long, illustrious and rewarding careers in the legal profession.

Now, let's start scheduling some blowouts! ;p

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ling. :-) While I do regret taking LM as a pre-law course (and going to Ateneo for college, for that matter), I do believe that LM is a good pre-law course indeed. It's not the best but it's more than good enough. Nearly all of our LM batchmates made it, FYI---Gian, Camo, Ron, Carlo, Cha, Jun, Pie, Rhea, Serene, Walter, etc.
On a personal note, more than being a "joyful occasion," passing the bar was really such a relief. I'm glad I made it because I surely wouldn't have taken it again---not in this lifetime, nor in the next ten.
Much thanks for all the words of encouragement and 'votes' of confidence.
...And now that I'm a lawyer (well not yet, technically, because I haven't taken my oath yet), I demand more respect from you. :-p Hehehe.

Maf

 
At Friday, March 31, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

"I do regret taking LM as a pre-law course (and going to Ateneo for college, for that matter)" -Really?? I had no idea. You're going to have to explain this to me the next time we meet up... i.e. at your blowout, hehehe.

And MORE respect? Hell, you know I've had nothing but the highest respect for you ever since, law license or no. LM girls rule! ;p

 
At Saturday, April 01, 2006, Blogger Peej Bernardo said...

Salamat, Ails, for the special mention. As the dust is finally settling, the subtle reality that we are finally lawyers is beginning to hit home, and together with that, is the acute burden and responsibility of living up to many expectations. Cliche as it sounds, it's true: to whom much is given, much is expected.

Right now, however, I, like so many others, certainly choose to just live in the moment and savor the triumph.

Maraming salamat uli. In a very real sense, the glory really is not ours. As the old latin prayer goes: Non nobis, Domine. Non nobis sed tibi gloria, Domine-- Not onto us, O Lord, not unto us but to You be the glory.

Amen!

peej b.

 
At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Pare, Atenista ka talaga. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home