Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Brace, brace

I'm psychologically steeling myself for the two weeks ahead of me, because they're going to be jampacked with various obligations and activities that are sure to take their toll on me. First, the Thai owners of Ep Espada are arriving in Manila this Friday, and we'll be playing gracious hosts to them again for several days. The last time the Thais were in town, I had a minor meltdown from which I had to be saved by Fara. I'm hoping it won't be as exhausting this time around, but seeing as how we'll be visiting more stores and it's the big bosses who are coming, I'm foreseeing an even more grueling ordeal consisting of days of polite small talk, huge, rich meals, and tactful, obsequious compliance. Shoot me now.

Right on the heels of the Thais' departure is Valentine's Day, my least favorite commercial holiday (one good thing about being so insanely busy is that I probably won't even have time to contemplate the usual angst I get this time of the year, although last year was an exception). The day after, I have a dinner meeting with my high school batchmates to discuss our grand reunion. The next evening, I have an overdue dinner with some friends, and then it's Chinese New Year weekend, to be spent with Guama (Guakong will be in Singapore visiting my cousin Chaya). I have to get my hair cut before the Year of the Pig rolls around (for good luck), and try to fulfill my promise to Tasha to watch her darling Jay Chou's movie, Curse of the Golden Flower. And speaking of movies, I have yet to see Letters from Iwo Jima, The Last King of Scotland, and Pan's Labyrinth, and Academy Awards night is drawing nearer and nearer (February 26), AND I still have 3 pieces to write for the BBC Oscars panel.

Phew. I'm already tired just thinking about my schedule for the next two weeks. Can we just fast forward to March please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home