Saturday, May 14, 2005

Unorganized updates

Yesterday my father received a text greeting from one of his friends saying, "Happy 18th birthday!" to which my dear old dad replied, "Pare, I'm not that young anymore, I'm already 34." Wehehe.

I got my Tungsten T5 yesterday, only to realize that while I remembered to order the wireless keyboard, I forgot to order a case and a memory extension card. That's the problem with expensive purchases, they usually lead to more expensive purchases to enhance the original purchase. My brother went through the same thing with his iPod mini: first he just had to get an iDock, then he just had to get an iTrip, then he just had to get a car charger. I think I have now lost the right to criticize his accessory-shopping spree.

Last night I dreamt that I was substituting for IV-SOBRIETY, hehehe. I was delivering one of the long, serious sermons I used to torture Wisdom with when I felt they needed sobering up (ahahaha, see, the name does fit you guys!). I woke up wondering whether I had dreamt about it because I missed giving those sermons, I want to continue giving those sermons, or I felt guilty about giving so many of those sermons. :p

I bought Rob Thomas' new CD, and I found out that on one track John Mayer plays guitar! Two of my favorite singers collaborating, what a thrill... almost worth the P450 I shelled out for a non-pirated CD (my friend Chris would be proud).

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment yesterday to check on my heart, but it was rescheduled for next Thursday because the doctor had too many patients waiting. I have been having weird, erratic palpitations over the past 2 weeks. My parents are guessing it's just stress, or something genetic since my mom has SVT (supraventricular tachiacardia, or at least I think it's spelled that way), which causes her to have palpitations whenever she's overly stressed. I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but for the first time in my life I can picture myself keeling over from cardiac arrest... at 24 (maybe this is the quick and violent death that I always envisioned, as opposed to a slow and painful one). Also for the first time in my life, my parents are constantly reminding me to relax, take things easy, slow down, and other phrases of similar meaning. That's why my mantra these days is "DON'T PANIC," from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's kind of frustrating and humiliating that I am already cracking under pressure after little over a month of working at our company, when my parents have been doing it for 27 years and are holding up fine. What a wuss I am.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, May 15, 2005, Blogger juxtapositioned.jj said...

Hahahahaha :D True true. One expensive thing leads to another and another and another...thus...keep things spartan! Be a minimalist! Hehehehe :D

Ohh...is rob thomas' cd good? I'm a big fan of the matchbox 20..back when they were still a band. Hehe :D I love their 1st album...and the 2nd one too. Wasn't able to purchase the latest though :(

Yikes! Don't say that! Relax...recite the DECIDERATA! Miss Lim, try looking for that poem! hehe :D It helps. Used to recite it before class every english period back in 2nd yr. "I go placidly amid the noise and haste and i remember what peace there may be in silence..."

I think you have that heart problem because you miss your old students...us and the fyrinx batch. Hahahahaha :D Wait, tama ba...fyrinx? I lost track of the batchnames na.

Take care always! :D Praying for ya! :D

 
At Sunday, May 15, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

The CD is good, but not as good as any of Matchbox Twenty's albums though. I find it intriguing that all of Rob Thomas' songs seem to deal with heartbreak and bitterness. Some girl must have burned him once, and burned him REALLY badly. Haha. Matchbox is still my favorite band, even now that they're gone. Sigh.

Why did you need calming down before every English class in 2nd year? :p

I do miss my old students (don't forget the Zephyrz), but I don't think the doctor's going to accept that as a medical explanation for my heart problem, haha. I think it's just stress from work and having too many things to worry about all at once. That's why I'm trying to find more time for myself to just relax and not think about anything work-related.

 
At Sunday, May 15, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

P.S. Thanks for your concern and prayers. :)

 
At Monday, May 16, 2005, Blogger juxtapositioned.jj said...

Ohh..we just loved memorizing in 2nd year! Hahahahaha :D Ms Cadag let us memorize confusius' and lao tze's sayings plus some other poems in the old english book. I'm scared everytime she lets us recite the poems in class. She's strict and scary but, she's a good teacher though. I mean, her class is interesting and everyone is paying attention too.

 
At Monday, May 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i can so relate :D my mom has svt too, and i just had some minor tachycardia 2 weeks ago. hm. i guess that's what happens when u study at ica. nah, just kidding. ^_^

 
At Monday, May 16, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Or teach there? ;p So that's how you spell tachycardia. Haha. Thanks Rachelle. Didn't I tell you our moms are alike in a lot of ways? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home