Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Of despedidas and decaf and devices

AP-Annex threw a double surprise party last night at my house: a bridal shower for Pau, who's getting married on June 4, and a birthday party/despedida for Tangsoc, who's leaving for Canada on May 21, just three days after her birthday. Amazingly, we managed to really surprise them (you know how the celebrant always somehow suspects something is up so they're not really caught off guard when the surprise is sprung), thanks to our tactic of telling one it was for the other (Pau thought it was only for Tangsoc, and Tangsoc thought it was only for Pau =D). We also invited their fiances over to complete the surprise. It was a fun, fun evening, and it was great that AP-Annex was complete to celebrate three happy yet bittersweet occasions for two of our beloved friends.



In other news today...

I am now officially a wuss.

This morning I swung by Starbucks on my way to work, but as I stood in front of the counter ordering I remembered my tachycardia (thanks to Rachelle for the correct spelling ;p) and so told the barista in a caffeine-deprived grumble to make my caramel macchiato decaf. I used to mock people who ordered decaf, saying decaf is not real coffee. I mean, come on, caffeine is the very essence of coffee (it's like ordering a burger without the beef patty); if you can't handle the kick, drink chocolate milk, you big baby! (I feel the same way about fat-free desserts-- if you're that weight-conscious, why are you even eating dessert at all?)

Now my decaf discrimination has come around to bite me in my acerbic ass. Shit.

Today was my sister's ''real'' birthday. I got her a book on the history of jazz; my parents got her an iPod photo to let her listen to all the jazz she wants (this gizmo is awesome, makes our brother's iPod mini look like a child's toy; what will they think of next?). Now all 3 of us siblings are armed with our own personal gadgets.

Speaking of gadgets, my Tungsten 5 gave me a little scare earlier when it froze up and wouldn't respond even when I pressed the power button. All I can say is, thank goodness for reset. =D My few minutes of Tungsten terror made me wonder momentarily, what if our lives came with reset buttons? How often would we jab them with safety pins/whittled-down toothpicks? (I used the latter option tonight out of resourcefulness/sheer desperation since we were at UCC, only to discover later that my stylus comes with a built-in poker thingy designed precisely for the reset button... so much for the profound, waxing-philosopic wuss that I am.)


P.S. Composed more than half of this entry on my handheld (after I reset it). My blogging just got mobile. :)

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whahahahahaha :D Funny funny. :D Ohh...Ms Cabochan is getting married na. Whoa! Ms Tangsoc is leaving for Canada too. Whoa! Best of luck to both of 'em! :D

Welcome to your so-called wussy world~! :D Wuss! hahahahaha :D

Lucky you! I have to unscrew my palm 3 stylus to find the right poking mechanism to do the resets whenever my ancient palm acts up. Oh well. I don't use it much anyway.

Tc! :D

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

It's the same with mine, I need to unscrew the stylus first to get the poker thingy out. Of course I discovered this AFTER my brother had taken pains to whittle down the toothpick for me. When I showed the poker thingy to him, I think he wanted to use it to jab ME. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home