Sunday, May 15, 2005

4 years after Ateneo

It's been 4 years since I graduated from college, and though I confess I have forgotten most of what I have learned from my classes, I still have with me several things from Ateneo that I refuse to let go of. Last night I was clearing files from my beat-up, overused laptop, and I couldn't bring myself to delete the Word documents and PowerPoint presentations of my favorite papers/projects (of course not all the files escaped the Recycle Bin; most of my boring Philosophy and Theology papers got dumped, hehe).

Another thing that I will never lose is my loyalty to my course, Legal Management. Though I took it with the original intention of going on to law school afterwards (and though, as I said, I have already forgotten many of the concepts I learned) I do not regret being an LM major, for it showed me the best of both the business and legal worlds, and gave me some of the most enjoyable and interesing classes I ever took.

Most importantly, what I cherish above all from college is my wonderful circle of friends, my dearest LM girls. They made college a blast, and helped me keep sane through some of the most insane moments of my life. Though we are now at that stage in our lives some call "quarterlife," and some (like Pia :p) are bemoaning the fact that we are quickly aging (and still single), we are still together, and still having fun whenever we do get together, and that makes it easy to feel as young and crazy as we were back in college (in Angge's case, high school =D). Tonight we went to Alabang to attend Ria's law school graduation dinner, and it was wonderful to have everyone (well, almost everyone) there. I find it impossible to have an LM girls gathering without having a terrific time, and I know that as long as I have friends like them around, I will forever carry the best of my Ateneo years in my heart (and now I hear Yang saying, "Yuck, Ailee, is that you being all mushy?").



P.S. Sorry Je, I know you're not in the pic but that's because the shot I have with you in it was the one Angelo took and all of us are not looking at the camera. I will never hand him my camera again.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I'm a computer pack rat too, and I haven't gotten around to deleting my ICA files. I'm not attached to any projects I did (no offense to you, but research projects are tedium at its finest), but I'm keeping them for nostalgia's sake, I guess. To look back someday and realize what atrocious ideas I had back then.

I'm going to Ateneo. I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. :)

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

No offense taken. Research papers really can be a pain in the neck, but then again, it depends on the topic (and you guys weren't exactly given the freedom to research on stuff you were interested in). I hope writing your research paper is among the many things you will get to enjoy in Ateneo. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home