Saturday, August 20, 2005

Moderator musings

I never liked being a club moderator. Yet when I look back on my 2 years handling Culture Shack, it seems like I was the happiest miserable moderator in ICA. Our monthly activities were fun, our bulletin board was regularly updated, our members were (mostly) productive, and we had great officers who were responsible and reliable and made my job a breeze (heck, they were so efficient, they almost made me expendable). So whenever I complained out loud about my moderator duties, at the same time a voice in my head would be pointing out that I was a moron to be grousing about one of the easiest and best things I've ever done.

Last night I had dinner and coffee/tea with my second batch of Culture Shack officers: Jen, Camille (I can't seem to call her Gotams), Tasha and Barbs (Pepi, Ando and Irizze weren't able to make it, but I fully intend to call for another CS reunion and have everyone present). It was so much fun hanging out with them and not have to talk about club matters. To think none of these 4 were ever my students, yet I feel so comfortable with them, as if we've been through a lot together... and with everything we did for the club, I suppose we have. Goes to show that my Culture Shack experience was much more rewarding than I ever let on.

CS at CBTL

3 Comments:

At Saturday, August 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oww...that's good! :) Don't you miss us too? Whahahaha :D 1st year of club moderating with us, remember? Oh, so that's how your hair looks like. Not that big a diff. :)

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with jac, halos walang diff yung new hair mo (maybe malabo lang yung pic).. except na i hardly ever see you with your hair down. =p you look girlier =p

 
At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Jac: Aww, I miss you guys too! I would never have agreed to be moderator a second year if it wasn't for the great first year I had thanks to you guys. And I think you're the only students who have ever enlisted the help of Mrs.Liamzon to spring a birthday surprise on a teacher. ;p

Jac and Kassie: Well I did say my "new" hair is no big deal. :p It feels different more than it looks different, I guess. I'm not one to alter my appearance radically. I'm chicken that way. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home