Thursday, May 05, 2005

On cloud 8

Finally, Scott's gone. Although you'd expect me to be jumping for joy, my satisfaction is dampened by the thought that it's too late anyway. The damage has been done, so what should be vindication comes as mere consolation... but I'll take it. Weirdly enough, I actually thought Scott performed better than Anthony last night, so Miracle Boy is really living up to his monicker. Props to him, by the way, for being smart and realistic enough to realize that being sent to the couch didn't necessarily mean they were safe. I'm glad he's still in it, despite the wince-worthy rendition of that new Backstreet Boys song (and I thought we had lost them to boy band oblivion, darn!).

Tomorrow, will go see my darling Orly in Kingdom of Heaven. I had better bring Kleenex... not because I expect to cry, but because I expect to drool. A lot. Two hours of ogling Orlando Bloom, now that's my idea of heaven indeed.

Also currently over the moon about:
  • Starbucks Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans, a pasalubong from my cousin Abeth
  • the palmOne Tungsten T5 Handheld, recently added to my wish list of luxury items
  • The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, book 2 in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (in 4 parts)-- I love Marvin the Paranoid Android!
  • Arrested Development, a sitcom with smarter, sharper, funnier writing than anything on TV now
  • getting a DVD copy of Before Sunset, the sequel to my favorite romantic movie of all time, courtesy of my mom's best friend Auntie Nene, our official supplier of pirated movies
  • hearing about Dudut Jaworski filing a bill against pay parking in commercial establishments (I never thought I would see the day I would be cheering a Jaworski on)
  • meeting up with my college barkada this Saturday night (I miss you LM girls!)

Hmm, I am raving more than ranting today. Maybe I'm coming down with something.

8 Comments:

At Friday, May 06, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

There are two things in your entry that I agree with you on.

1.)That Orlando Bloom is indeed drool-worthy. Ever since LOTR and his character as the never-get-dirty-and-cool-with-arrows elf, Legolas, Orly has been my fave. Whenever given the chance, I would watch his movies all over and over again. I was never a fan of LOTR, especially since my sister kept on talking about it (which made me lose my interest), but because of Legolas, I watch LOTR every chance I get. :) The same goes for Pirates of the Caribbean. But for Troy, I can't say the same. He was a wuss there! Of all the roles to play, of all the heroic roles to play, he had to play the role of Paris, the wuss. *sigh*.

2.)Arrested Development is definitely a unique sitcom. The way it was filmed is also different. I wasn't able to watch that last night since we were watching Matrix Revolutions (gawd! BORING!) The only thing I don't like that much about Arrested Development is that the family seems to be oblivious to all that's happening. Haha. Well, maybe not really, but they can't seem to let go of their former lives, most especially the mom. But overall, it's amusing. :)

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I know many of my 4th year students agree with me on this: Paris really is one of the wussiest figures from Greek mythology (Odysseus rules!! haha). I think Orly pulled off the role perfectly in Troy: he was a looker and a loser at the same time. :p I loved the scene where he scampered over to big brother Hector and hugged his knees, cowering in fear. That was pure pathetic Paris. Sigh. I will miss teaching the Odyssey this coming school year.

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

Pure pathetic Paris. Not pure pathetic Orly. Though he acted his role well, I still don't like the fact that he was a defenseless character that destroyed the whole image I had of him. Where did the invincible elf go?? This is probably the reason why I refuse to acknowledge Troy as one of his movies. :) About that scene where he shows that he is purely pathetic, that was probably the scariest scene in the whole movie. I didn't want to see it and I never want to see it ever again. Haha.

 
At Friday, May 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I didn't know you were one of the 10 million girls out there trying to nab Orly away from me. Too late Ms. Lim, our marriage was pre-arranged even before I was born. You can wait for our divorce, which I'm sure won't happen anyway :p

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just glad i don't have to see scott's ugly face on 'idol' next week.. although i still can't accept that he outlasted anwar by 2 weeks!

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

"Sometimes I feel like I wanna smack him on the head and tell him to stop being so nice, polite and humble." -I want to do that to most overly nice, polite and humble people I know. :p

I agree with you that Anthony seems like a very classy kid. But he needs to pull another miracle to escape elimination next week. I hope Carrie or Vonzell go ahead of him, but I think Carrie has too big a fan base. Oh well, doesn't matter. Bo will blow them all away in the end. :)

 
At Monday, May 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i TOTALLY agree that orlando bloom is SOOOO HOT!!:) i recently watched Kingdom of Heaven and the only reason why i lasted two and a half hours sitting in that freezing cold room is to see orlando bloom in the next scene!:D i only wished that he did the incredible stunt in LOTR(the one where he slides/surfs off the stairs using a circular shield and shooting arrows at the same time).

 
At Monday, May 09, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Ah yes, I know that scene well. My sister and I burst out laughing when we see that stunt because it's so ridiculously gratuitous, yet marvelously gratifying. I bet they put that scene in just for us female fans to squeal over. But hey, who's complaining? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home