Sunday, May 08, 2005

A short Mother's Day tribute

Anyone who has known me since my high school or college days knows that my mom and I have had our differences. We're so alike in many ways that our differences seem to stand out more, and rub each other the wrong way. When I became a teacher though, I came to understand and appreciate my mother on a whole different level, because I finally felt what it must have been like raising a teenage daughter. Being a surrogate mother to hundreds of high school girls made me realize what boundess patience, fortitude, and love my mother had, and still has, putting up with my stubbornness, irresponsibility, and defiance all these years. I have such respect and admiration for this woman who has done so much for her family, especially her children. She is a strong leader, a successful businesswoman, an efficient household manager, a thoughtful friend, a dutiful daughter, and a remarkable woman all in all. Though we still have our disagreements, and I believe we always will, I count her as one of my greatest role models. Thanks for everything, Ma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home