Tuesday, May 10, 2005

SOBRIETY?!?

I had breakfast with Kat, Margaux and Tangsoc this morning, then Tangsoc and I tagged along to ICA to pop in and say hi to the faculty folk. I met the new English teacher (the one aside from Maddy), who I heard used to teach in ICA a few years back. I only exchanged niceties with her so I can't really say I formed any kind of positive/negative impression of her, but I hope for at least one 4th year section's sake that she's a good teacher.

Speaking of 4th year sections, this afternoon my student JT and I were talking about the name of the new 4th year section and we shared a good laugh (as much as two people chatting over YM can share a good laugh) over the irony that Wisdom, of all classes, is going to become SOBRIETY(JT joked that they should just shorten it to IV-SOB, and I forgot to ask which of the two possible contexts she meant, hehe). I have misgivings about the choice of name, but I have to say that the thought of my beloved, boisterous, bouncing-off-the-walls Wisdom (hyphenate and add multiple o's on a bad day ;p) becoming Sobriety provides enough amusement to make up for it.

And no, Karen, that does not give you license to sleep during class. It's Sobriety, not Narcolepsy.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, come on.

pwede na yon as excuse.

okay na rin for me ung IV Sobriety... excited na nga ako gumawa ng labels for the books na...hehe...hinde ko rin masyado magagamit.

buti nalang hinde BRAVERY.
IV-BRA

P.S.
pity peace offering lang yon noh. i still don't like orlando. :P

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me some time to realize you were actually SERIOUS.

Sobriety. WTF. Couldn't they come up with a better one? Or are they just getting ready to organize an anti-teenage-drinking drive?

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

As I told Tiff Hong earlier today, at the end of the year you can have T-shirts printed that say, "Hi, my name is [insert name], and I have been sober for [insert number of] days." That would be a hoot.

 
At Friday, May 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teach naman.. I didn't mention the IV-SOB. It was Karen who did. Hala.. baka akalaing nagplagiarize ako. gasp!! X__x

-jtz-

 
At Saturday, May 14, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I remember now, it was Tiff Hong who said it, over text. My apologies, JT. :) Speaking of Tiff, she went to school today and picked up her book list. When asked which section she belonged to, she replied "Sobriety" and almost felt like crying. Hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home